At Zenith Dental Care in Dearborn, MI, we provide many restorative services, including oral surgery. If you've sustained an injury to your face or mouth, have dental disease or malformation or wish to improve your facial appearance, Dr. Mahmoud Farhat can help. Learn more here.
Just what is oral surgery?
Performed by your highly-qualified dentist in his Dearborn, MI, office, oral surgery is a dental procedure which:
- Corrects abnormalities due to congenital defect, dental or gingival disease or injury to the mouth, jaw or face
- Facilitates orthodontic correction
- Improves oral health and functions such as speech, biting, chewing, jaw joint function and facial expression
- Eliminates pain
- Corrects conditions such as uneven enamel wear
Whatever your oral surgery needs, expect maximum comfort through local, or other kinds, of dental anesthesia. Also, your initial exam and treatment plan will help you understand your oral health condition, how Dr. Farhat will correct it, expected outcomes, and what your recovery will involve, including diet, pain management and return to your normal routines.
Kinds of oral surgery
There are many types of oral surgery including:
- Extraction of failing or impacted teeth (including wisdom teeth)
- Jaw surgery to eliminate TMJ (temporomandibular joint dysfunction)
- Tooth replacement with titanium dental implants
- Bone grafting to augment the alveolar ridge to receive dental implants
- Socket preservation, an important post-extraction procedure which reduces bone resorption, states the American Association of Dental Consultants)
- Tumor excision
- Gum grafting and sculpting (to correct uneven or excessive gum tissue)
- Correction of tongue-tie (frenectomy)
- Endodontic therapy (root canal treatment to remove inflamed interior pulp)
A better smile, better health and a better you
These are the goals of any oral surgery at Zenith Dental Care. Dr. Mahmoud Farhat will make your procedure a comfortable experience which improves your smile and overall well-being, too. For an in-depth consultation on your oral surgery needs, please contact our Dearborn, MI, office at (313) 406-9612.